Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: June, 6th 1944

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    June, 6th 1944

    Thank You all for what you did. You gave your life so my family and I could have one.


    d day10 jpg

  2. #2
    Inactive Member jtw61194's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2006
    Posts
    873
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: June, 6th 1944

    If you ever get a chance to visit the D-Day Memorial in Bedford, you need to go. I got to meet one of the last surviving "Bedford Boys." I believe he said there was another, but that he was in a nursing home. Getting the tour and the background on the invasion really made his stories fall into place. I read part of the book, "The Bedord Boys", and I need to finish it this summer. Great read, so far.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: June, 6th 1944

    Try the book "Those Devils in Baggy Pants" by Ross Carter of the 82nd Airborne. He survived Africa and France only to come home and die of cancer a couple of years after the war. Gives you a real appreciation for what our freedom cost others.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  4. #4
    Inactive Member jtw61194's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2006
    Posts
    873
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: June, 6th 1944

    I'll have to check that out. Ft. Bragg was neat in that everything had some historical value. The 82nd museum was right across the street from 1-505 PIR (my unit) and they had a C-47 outside. All the DZ's and a majority of the streets were named for WWII campaigns. The "Devils with Baggy Pants" were from the 504th PIR.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •